Quality Assurance is the principal source for academic policy and regulatory matters in the School.
Quality Assurance is responsible for the School’s academic quality framework, including the development of the Academic Quality Manual and academic policy, and ensuring compliance with UKHE regulatory bodies and the CAA Dubai quality assurance requirements, and student case management.
Head of Quality Assurance: Karen Harris firstname.lastname@example.org
QA Team contact email: email@example.com
The Subject Area Managers manage the daily operations and activities of the subject area:
- Deputy Director, Research and Faculty Office: Ana Almeida
- Accounting: Debbie Hughes
- Economics: Eleanor Burke
- Finance: Katty Paredes
- MSO: Zainab Mehr
- Marketing: Carla Scopece
- Organisational Behaviour: Amber Khan
- Strategy & Entrepreneurship: Desi Zlatanova
The Research and Faculty Office Portal site contains HR information, guidance and support for faculty.
The Central Team within Degree Education are compliance, operations, transformation, system and data experts that support the delivery a high-quality teaching and learning experience for students.
• Operational Delivery creates teaching schedules, seating charts, and manages student elective enrolment via the Enrolment Management System. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
• The Assessment Team assists with delivering grades to students; coordinating arrangements for online and in-person exams (including invigilation) for core courses; liaising with external examiners; and servicing the Boards of Examiners meetings. Contact email@example.com
• Education Technology Team assists with setting up and managing courses on the School’s learning management system, Canvas. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Wellbeing Services provides advice, guidance and information relating to student disability, health or wellbeing. Disabled students or students experiencing mental health or wellbeing issues are encouraged to make direct contact with Student Wellbeing Services to discuss potential support and services relating to accessibility and reasonable adjustments.
If reasonable adjustments are required the Student Wellbeing Services, in partnership with the student, will produce a Summary of Reasonable Adjustments, and, where appropriate, Reasonable Assessment Arrangements (individual exam adjustments), which are shared with Programme Office staff and other relevant personnel as appropriate.