Final grades are determined by the faculty member, with the maximum amount of High Pass grades permitted for a single course capped at a maximum of 50%.
High Pass = ≤ 50%
Pass / Fail / DNS = ≥ 50%
In limited circumstances, a retrieval may be provided for a student enrolled onto a Global Experience Course if the following conditions are met:
- The School Panel approves an EC request to withdraw from a Global Experience Course, which is the result of a visa or travel complications*; AND
- The Experiential Learning Team are unable to accommodate the student on an alternative Global Experience taking place before the scheduled end of the programme; AND
- The Programme Director confirms there are no other Electives Courses that the student can be enrolled onto and complete before the scheduled end date of the programme; THEN
- The Experiential Learning Team will arrange for the student to complete a retrieval assessment in lieu of completing a Global Experience Course or an Elective Course.
*These arrangements do not apply to students who receive EC approval for other types of reasons (e.g. illness, broken leg, work emergency).
As per the existing arrangements at the School:
- The retrieval assessment will be set by the faculty responsible for the Global Experience Course the student would have attended.
- The retrieval assessment be graded on a pass/fail basis.
- Students who do not pass the retrieval will receive a fail grade for the course which will be displayed on the transcript as is normal practice with Electives Courses.