Academic Policy Committee and Management Board approved the following arrangements for the 2022/2023 academic year:
- To continue the suspension of Global Experiences as a mandatory requirement of all programmes (excluding MiF). Students will continue to have the freedom to choose between completing one 11-credit Global Experience Course and one 11-credit Elective Course.
- To ensure there is alignment and parity between the two options, the retrieval assessment has been removed from Global Experience Courses (except in the circumstance detailed below).
Final grades are determined by the faculty member, with the maximum amount of High Pass grades permitted for a single course capped at a maximum of 50%.
High Pass = ≤ 50%
Pass / Fail / DNS = ≥ 50%
For 2022/2023, the retrieval has been removed from Global Experiences except in the following circumstances:
In limited circumstances, a retrieval may be provided for a student enrolled onto a Global Experience Course if the following conditions are met:
- The School Panel approves an EC request to withdraw from a Global Experience Course, which is the result of a visa or travel complications*; AND
- The Experiential Learning Team are unable to accommodate the student on an alternative Global Experience taking place before the scheduled end of the programme; AND
- The Programme Director confirms there are no other Electives Courses that the student can be enrolled onto and complete before the scheduled end date of the programme; THEN
- The Experiential Learning Team will arrange for the student to complete a retrieval assessment in lieu of completing a Global Experience Course or an Elective Course.
*These arrangements do not apply to students who receive EC approval for other types of reasons (e.g. illness, broken leg, work emergency).
As per the existing arrangements at the School:
- The retrieval assessment will be set by the faculty responsible for the Global Experience Course the student would have attended.
- The retrieval assessment be graded on a pass/fail basis.
- Students who do not pass the retrieval will receive a fail grade for the course which will be displayed on the transcript as is normal practice with Electives Courses.